When running a business, it is important to ensure you have a way to create custom labels that are durable and long-lasting. This is true for just about every type of business out there since there will be multiple people working in the area and conveying key information to everyone will help to improve the way they work. Proper labeling can improve safety, reduce downtime, speed up the way people are able to work, and much moWhen developing a labeling strategy for your business, you will likely need a blend of both standard labels and custom-made labels. Purchasing pre-made labels for commonly used situations can be a good idea since they are very inexpensive and easy to use.
If you need to create your own custom labels, however, it may be worth it to just create the standard ones as you need them since you will already have the equipment. This way you can have all the labels you need when you need them so you don’t have to wait for shipping. You also won’t need to keep the common labels on hand as inventory, which helps to reduce the amount of space required to keep them available. No matter what you decide to do when it comes to your standard labeling needs, however, you should have a good system in place for creating custom labels for your facility.
Purchasing Custom Labels from a Print Shop
If you just need a very small number of custom labels for a one-time project, the most economical option is likely to order them from a print shop. While small label orders for custom jobs are the most expensive way to get each label, it will still make sense if you won’t have to do it again in the future. If, however, you need custom labels on a regular basis or you do not want to have to wait for the print shop to complete your order and send it to you, you will want to make sure you can create your own custom labels.
Industrial Label Printers
For most facilities, the best option for creating durable custom labels is to purchase an industrial label printer to use on-site. This will allow you to create the exact labels you need when you need them. There are many different models available for this type of printer so you can get one that will have the exact capabilities that you need.
Industrial label printers are surprisingly affordable. Once you have purchased the printer, creating new labels is extremely inexpensive as well. This is because the blank labels that you use with these printers are very affordable and the ink or thermal printing is also very inexpensive. Depending on the size of the labels you need, the colors, and other factors, you can create custom labels for your facility for just pennies.
When you compare that to the price of having custom labels printed at a print shop, it is easy to see how this type of equipment will pay for itself very quickly. Most print shops have minimum order requirements in place, and for small orders, they generally charge several dollars per label. If you need custom labels on a regular basis, you will not find a more affordable option than having your own label printer on site.
Questions to Ask when Choosing Your Label Printer
Once you have decided that you want to have an industrial label printer on site so you can create your own custom labels, you will need to pick the right printer for the job. To make sure you are getting the right model for your needs, take the time to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do You Need Color Labels – Most facilities will want a color label printer since some situations require colors on the labels. If you only need black and white, however, you can save money by purchasing a model that only has that functionality.
- How Many Labels Do You Need – If you will need to print hundreds of labels at a time, you want to make sure to get a printer that can create the labels you need quickly. If you only need a few of them once in a while, a slower printer is sufficient.
- What Size Requirements Do You Have – If you need large labels, make sure you get a printer that can accommodate the sizes you need.
- Where Will the Labels be Used – If you are using labels in wet or corrosive areas, you need a printer that can use labels that can stand up to those rough environments.
Once you have a good idea of what requirements you need in your label printer, you will want to look at all the different models available that will meet your needs. Choosing a printer from a reputable brand like LabelTac will ensure that the printer is not only able to make the labels you need but that it will work for you for years to come.
When looking at the different label printers available you will likely see that there are a number of different technologies available. One of the most popular options in this category is the thermal label printer. Thermal label printers work by using heat to print onto special types of labels. This is a very effective and affordable option. It is likely the most popular choice because thermal printed labels do not run or smear like can happen with labels printed using ink.
Designing Your Custom Labels
In addition to finding the right label printer for your facility, you want to make sure you have access to the right software to design your custom labels. Virtually all industrial label printers will come with a program that can be installed on your computer that will allow you to make custom label designs. This software will generally include some of the most common logos, pictograms, and base designs that you can use. This will allow you to save a lot of time so you can get your labels designed and printed in just minutes.
- Labeling Electrical Conduits– creativesafetysupply.com
- Creating Your Own Custom LabelTac Labels– creativesafetypublishing.com
- How to find Cost Effective ways to Create Labels for Marine Environments– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Create Professional Labels with LabelTac 4 Pro Ribbon– bridge-to-safety.com
- How to create labels that don’t deteriorate over time– blog.labeltac.com
- All the Possibilities of LabelTac Labels– babelplex.com
- Pipe Labels – In house vs pre-made– safetyblognews.com
- The LabelTac 4 Pro Ribbon and Supply– iecieeechallenge.org
- The Possibilities of LabelTac Labels– realsafety.org